Friday, January 1, 2016

Welcome 2016

Happy New Year!  I can't believe another year is gone already.  I must be getting old because time is flying by.

Resolutions.  I have never been much about making them, but I am thinking it might be time.  Maybe putting it out there will help me be more accountable.  So here it goes!

1.  GET ORGANIZED:  I want to work hard to get my life and home organized.
2.  DE-CLUTTER:  As I am getting older I have thought a lot about the "things" that I have.  What will happen to them when I'm gone?  My kids will probably have a huge garage sale.  So I'm going to work on donating and pitching things.  
3.  SHED SOME POUNDS:  After losing the 70 pounds a couple of years ago, I have gained about 30 back.  I lost about 20 last year, but gained that back again.  I need to stop this yoyo business and get healthy.  After having gall bladder surgery this summer, it's time to get back into the swing of things.
4.  EXERCISE:  I really need to get on the exercise band wagon.  My knees, hip and back are killing me.  I've been going to the chiropractor and haven't had the results I have in the past.  I'm thinking I need to get stronger.
5.  RECYCLE:  There's a new trash service which gives us a huge recycle container, so I'm going to try to be more environmentally friendly.  I've been a sporadic recycler in the past, but this will make it easy for me.  No sorting needed, just toss it in the can.
6.  DON'T WASTE ANY FOOD:  I absolutely hate wasting food.  Nothing pains me more than throwing away spoiled food.  So I'm on a mission to be better about that.
7.  PLAN MENUS:  Now that the nest is empty, I really need to get better about planning menus.  This includes using my crock pot as much as possible.
8.  BLOG MORE:  I have really fallen off on my blogging, posting as well as reading my favorite blogs.  I don't want to set myself up for failure, so my goal is to at least post something once a month.  I can surely do that, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment